|Summary||Evaluation of YouTurn, a newly developed online program designed to support smoking cessation among adults, particularly through financial incentives and the involvement of friends and family members|
|Project manager(s)||Severin Haug|
|Client / Funding partner(s)||Tabakpräventionsfonds (TPF), YouTurn GmbH|
YouTurn is a newly developed online program to support smoking cessation for adults, especially through financial incentives and the involvement of friends and family members. It can be used independently or in combination with other existing stop smoking methods or programs. A prerequisite for participation is that smokers invest money, which is paid out again together with a bonus if smoking cessaiton is successful; if it fails, they lose the money. Biochemical validations are carried out repeatedly to check the smoking status. The evaluation of the project from a social and health psychological perspective aims to answer the following questions:
- How high is the participation rate in the program?
- What are the main motives for participating in the YouTurn program?
- What is the effectiveness of YouTurn in increasing the rate of smoking abstinence, reducing tobacco addiction and increasing the intention and self-efficacy of smoking abstinence?
- Which persons manage to quit smoking with YouTurn and which persons experience an increase or decrease in tobacco addiction, self-efficacy and the intention to quit smoking?
- How can the program be optimized from the participants' perspective?